I was thinking… and am arrogant enough to believe that others want to read all about it. I'm a Brooklyn girl from a big loving and dysfunctional family. 600 miles away, making a home with the love of my life. These are my thoughts, my stories, my art. Enjoy!!!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Painting by: Andrew Wyeth’s

Uninspired

How did I get to this place?
How is it that I am here?
Is this really all I am?
A woman with everything to fear?

I no longer remember the dreams
Or who or what I wanted to be
Is this what I wanted of my life
This work of women and of wife

What dreams did I have did I follow
To come to this place
My fault and the work of my own hand
Or just the hours pass thru fingers like sand

Is this what hard work truly brings
Or Did I stand by and just let life happen?
Did I really work for this at all
Could my dreams really be this small?

From the outside in
It’s all well kept and well acquired
But what I see is scatted dreams empty and bare
And of the void I am ever aware

Looking at my place and at my time
Who I am and all I have
Bring both comfort and shame
Knowing that I have myself to only blame

But what to do
Want and need only what is had
Or turn from this my home of uninspired
To the possibility of what was once desired

Nope, I keep with this uninspired life
For if I look away too long
I might my blessing regret
So it’s better that my dreams to forget


- emily gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!